1. Our Contract
All bookings are made with Meijo Safaris & Tours. By booking a tour (Kilimanjaro Tours and Safaris) with us you agree to the booking conditions below. Your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. The services to be included in your package are those you find in your tour itinerary.
2. Deposit Requirement
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 30 per cent per person per trip (camping) & 50 per cent per person per trip (lodging) for your booking to be confirmed.
3. Acceptance of Booking and Final Payments
Once we accept your booking you will receive a confirmation email. A contract will exist between us from the date we send you the confirmation email. If you book within 7 days of departure the contract will be valid when we receive your deposit.
Payment of the balance of the tour price is due on arrival in cash.
4. Your Details
In order for us to confirm your tour Meijo Safaris & Tours you must provide all requested details with the balance of the tour price. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions (for Mount Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru treks) and special nutrition. Your booking can not be confirmed without providing us with these details.
5. Cancellation by the Traveller
If you cancel your booking cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation is only possible in written way. If you cancel a trip:
• At any time after your booking has been confirmed Meijo Safaris retains 30 % (camping trips) or 50 % (lodging trips) non-refundable deposit
We advise you to sign a cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees. If you leave a tour for any reason after it has commenced, we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
• 30 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
6. Cancellation by Meijo Safaris & Tours
We may cancel a tour at any time up to 28 days before departure. We may cancel a tour at any time prior to departure, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary.
If we cancel your tour, you can either choose another departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights.
8. InclusionsThe price of your tour includes:
- all accommodation as listed in the tour itinerary
- all transport as listed in the tour itinerary
- all meals and drinks as listed in the tour itinerary
- all fees as listed in the tour itinerary
- all personnel as listed in the tour itinerary
9. ExclusionsThe price of your tour does not include:
- international or internal flights unless specified in the tour itinerary
- airport transfers unless specified in the tour itinerary
- meals other than those specified in the tour itinerary
- visa and passport fees
- travel insurance
- optional activities and all personal expenses
PASSPORTS, VISAS AND OTHER TRAVEL PAPERS
* It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other documentation required are all in order for the countries to be visited.
* The Company cannot be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client does not attend correctly to the client’s documentation and related matters prior to commencement of the tour.
* At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
* Clients are entitled to one bag of not more than 15 kg (backpack or soft bag – no hardtop suitcase) and a daypack. The Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage. Please notice that on our trekking tours and on some “bush” flights other baggage regulations may apply.
* The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Neither the Company nor any of its agents can be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the Company and will hold the Company, its agent, assigns and servants harmless from any such claim.
* The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
* The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding.
* The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
* The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorizes the Company to retain copyright for these photographs and such material.
* Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these