About Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar is a tiny and lovely island with clear blue seas and powdery white dunes. For foodies, the island has some of the greatest beaches, as well as fun activities like snorkeling and visiting spice plantations.
The top 11 locations to visit in Zanzibar are as follows:
1) Stone Town – The place is the cultural hub of Zanzibar. You can explore the ancient streets with lots of jewelry and craft shops. If you are tired shopping then hit the coffee shop for a wonderful and aromatic coffee.
2) Nungwi beach – Nungwi is a small village with very low population. This is one if the top beaches in Zanzibar. There are lots of quality restaurants and hotels in this region. It’s a place to relax and see the sunset. The sea water is crystal clear and warm which makes this place the finest beach in Zanzibar.
3) Prison Island – It takes a 20 minute boat trip to reach Prison Island from Zanzibar. If you would like to explore the history of this region where people were used as slaves then you can visit this place. Right now this place is widely known as a nature reserve for giant tortoises reaching ages of over 200 years.
4) Forodhani market – This night market is an absolute ‘must’. If you’d like to experience some of the best street food, it is here. Zanzibar style. You can find fresh fish, vegetables and other food items. If you are a seafood lover then this is the place to go to.
5) The Rock of Zanzibar – Many people visit Zanzibar just to eat at this world renowned restaurant.Set in the middle of the sea, you can reach there by walk in low tide but during high tide you require a boat to reach the Rock. The same group that owns The Rock also own Kichanga Lodge where you can stay and enjoy the best Zanzibar beach accommodation.
6) Palace Museum – It’s widely known as Sultan’s Palace. It’s one of the oldest buildings in Stone Town. The museum was built in the 19th century just overlooking the ocean.
7) Spice Tour – You are in the best part of the world if you are a spice lover. The spices are locally grown and sold in streets by local merchants. There are lots of varieties of spices available in this place and you can feel the wonderful aroma when you visit this place. Zanzibar is also known as “Spice Island”.
8) The Old Fort – One of the oldest buildings in Stone Town. Its located on the seafront, it was built in the 17th century. You can shop local produce in the courtyard.
9) House of Wonders – A historical building in Stone Town where exhibitions are held about the Zanzibari and Swahili culture. It’s the tallest building just opposite the seafront.
10) Jozani Forest – This is one of the last indigenous forests left in Zanzibar. You can reach by bus or hire a taxi. It is famous for the red Colobus monkey. Its spread in an area of 2512 hectares. A wonderful experience for sightseeing and photography.
11) Mnemba Atoll – Ride on a slow sailing Dhow boat, a trip which you will never forget. This place is the perfect destination for snorkeling enthusiasts which hosts many species of fish like barracuda, eels, snappers etc.
Safari You Can Add on Your Zanzibar Tour
Talk with our experts
Our team is eager to assist you in planning a journey that will leave you with memories to last a lifetime. You can reach us at
The Great Wildebeest Migration Safari is Waiting For You
The annual migration of giant herds of grazers across Northern Tanzania and Kenya is a truly spectacular event. Over two million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles move through the Serengeti and Masai Mara ecosystems in search of green pasture, in a regular pattern
Let the Journey Begin.
Ready to go and in need of expert trip planning? Contact us today