Safety Guidelines for Tanzania Safari in Coronavirus Pandemic (Covid-19)
Our visitors’ and employees’ safety is always our first concern, and it affects all of our choices. We understand that in today’s uncertain world, tourists are more cautious when making arrangements and may have a few additional inquiries. We will be there for you every step of the way.
Before your safari, your vehicle will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, from the seat coverings and cushions to all other touch surfaces. Throughout your safari, your guide will clean and disinfect all main touch surfaces, such as door and window knobs, arm rests, electrical plugs, guide books, and so on, at least once every day.
While on Safari
Based on the route, you will normally be with the same driver and vehicle throughout the safari, reducing your contact with a wide range of people. Customers are asked to bring their own face masks, ideally replaceable ones per day on safari or reusable ones, and also to keep a social distance of at least one (1) meter. Your guide will do that and will be wearing their own face mask. If you and the guide both are okay with it, you may both decide to take off the face mask while on safari.
We ask that clients bring their own hand sanitizer that meets the CDC and WHO alcohol content recommendations.
Must-do essentials, before you travel to Tanzania
Are you ready to travel to Tanzania? Hold on. It is important that you obtain travel insurance that protects you for Covid-19 before you hit the road. Make sure to purchase ‘cancel for any reason’ travel insurance; this will provide you with peace of mind if you need to postpone your trip for any reason.
We also recommend reserving flexible flights so that you may change your vacation dates if necessary.
Current Covid Entry Requirements for Tanzania
- All visitors must provide a negative PCR test that is no more than 72 hours old at the time of their arrival in Tanzania.
- Currently, all visitors to Tanzania will be forced to undergo a quick test (at a cost of $25 per person paid in cash). Any travelers in transit for more than 72 hours will be asked to present their PCR certificate, but will also be re-tested on arrival using a fast test that costs $25 per person paid in cash.
- Only visitors from India or those who have visited India within the past 14 days would be compelled to quarantine at a government-designated hotel for 14 days.
- Tanzania has just implemented an online traveler’s health surveillance form, which must be completed 24 hours before to arrival.
In addition, the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) has certified Tanzania safe for travel and awarded the country with the ‘Safe Travels Stamp.
- Current bookings may be rescheduled for any available dates within 12 months of your original trip date without penalty.
- Travel dates can be changed up to 15 days before the intended arrival date. Standard cancellation conditions will apply to the revised booking dates.
- The actual trip date determines final payments.
- When new travel dates fall inside a different season, the new season pricing will be applied.
- If you are unsure of a new trip date, please offer a rough estimate and we will confirm the precise date at your earliest convenience.
- If you decide to cancel completely and do not plan to travel within 12 months, our standard cancellation policy will apply.
NOTE: If you postpone your safari, you will be able to enjoy the full Meijo Safaris experience at a later date – with no change fees. We encourage customers who wish to postpone their vacation to contact us as soon as possible, since trips for the 2021 season are filling up quickly. Please keep in mind that the terms and conditions that are in force at the time of your new departure date will apply.